August 3rd, 2009

Update!

Got myself some running shoes last Friday. A pair of ASICS. Cost me $160, not so bad, would've been $200 back in Denmark. They're great to walk in, and I guess I can't really say how good they are to run in, till I've been doing a little more running. Also bought some supplies for the Fraser trip. Licorice, chips and fudge! Damn cheap at Sam's Warehouse:P

Saturday we had our first Confined Water Dive. Met at the pool at 8, went home again at around 15-16, I think. Spent 6 hours in the water. Even with wetsuits on in a heated pool, it gets a little chilly in the end. Had to do lots of stuff in the water, and had to set up our equipment 3 times before we could even take it on. Most of the stuff we had to do was pretty simple, but some of the other stuff was kinda hard. Especially considering that the max depth of the pool was 1.5m.

It was fun, though. Next dive will be the weekend after the next. According to the book, we're supposed to have 3-4 Confined Water Dives (i.e. in the pool), but due to the depth of the pool, we'll have to do an Open Water Dive much sooner. Which will then be... the weekend after the next. We'll be staying above 12 meters for the next two Open Water Dives, and we'll be going down to 18m  in the last one. Looking forward to it, but also a lil' nervous:P

Was pretty exhausted afterwards... therefore, I didn't do much Sunday.

Monday, went to the gym, ran for the first time in years! The speed was too low, though, so I couldn't run properly. Have to remember that for next time, but it was great to actually run again. Took some determination to actually run, after I've been telling myself for ages that I couldn't run. Ah well, next time I'll set the speed higher^^

Have to go to bed early today, gotta get up at 5 tomorrow. The entire class is leaving for Fraser Island, where we'll be spending the days from Tuesday-Friday, gonna be awesome. I'll try to take lots of pictures, but I can't promise I won't forget sometimes^^

I'll see ya Friday I guess

/wave

4 kommentarer:

Nikolai Øllegaard August 3, 2009 at 10:51 PM  

1.5 meters? So you couln't even stand up? No wonder it was hard.

Sounds cool though ;)

Huw Bear August 4, 2009 at 8:32 AM  

now who am i going to chat to at 1 in the morning... >.>

Jonas August 7, 2009 at 9:40 PM  

Alanna, get back online for 1 minute, I don't like seeing 4 weeks of inactivity :P

Dani August 8, 2009 at 6:06 PM  

Was my original plan to get back in-game for a while to chat/reset status by the end of August, might get on sooner:P

Post a Comment