August 18th, 2009

I actually tried updating a couple of days ago, but after I wrote it all down, it all crashed... Usually Blogger saves the posts, in case it should crash, but it didn't this time, so I lost quite a bit... I pretty much have to update my blog today, been almost a week. Or maybe it has been a week... anyway. GW2 info has been released today, so my post might not be as awesome as it usually is :D GWG post here GW2 website here. Really excited about this, there should be some more info later this week, so I'll probably be refreshing the GW2 site and Mike O'Brien 's Wiki page all week long, and following Gamescom very closely.

So... haven't been doing a lot the last couple of days, aside from the usual. Played poker last Friday. Went to where Niklas and Birk lives. Their homestay parents were out for the weekend, and the son in the house, Anthony, had arranged a poker game with some of his mates, and Niklas invited me and some other Danes to join. $10 entry fee. 13 people played, probably a little more Danes than Aussies, some of them showed up too late (a couple of Danes did as well). Winner gets $100 and 2nd gets $30. We started at two tables, and when we were four left at each table, we moved to one. I ended up as #5. I could probably have gone further, had a pretty good hand, went all-in, but the opponent had a better hand. Oh well. I ended up as dealer for the last three instead. The last three being Jesper, Niklas and an Aussie called Iceman, or Ice. The game lasted pretty long, think just those three sat at the table for an hour or two. They then decided, that whoever came first and second would split the money, to avoid staying there all night (which Mathis and I did anyway). Niklas then lost shortly after, so Ice and Jesper each won $65, so they earned $55 that night, pretty nice, eh?
Anyway, it was fun, even though it lasted forever. Afterwards, we just talked, listened to music and stuff. Went to bed at around 3 o'clock, slept there. Was back home at about 10 the next day.

Sunday was Seafood Festival. Mathis and I met with Jesper at the Boat Club, very close to where the festival was. Not as much seafood as I thought, lots of other food as well. Stevns (Anders Stevns, classmate) and his homestay had a pancake stand, so we went to get some. DAMN they were good. After that we just walked around, checking it all out, and then we got lunch, seafood for me and Mathis, Jesper got a... Super Bacon and Cheese Burger... and they weren't kidding 'bout the bacon. More bacon than I've ever seen in a burger...

Anyway, I guess that's it for today. Gonna get a haircut this Thursday, at the school... by students... for free! Wonder how that'll go:P
See ya! /wave

1 kommentarer:

Nikolai Øllegaard August 19, 2009 at 4:04 AM  

Haha good luck on that haircut!

"Stay tuned for next week"

Post a Comment