August 31st, 2009

Been a week since the last update, so though I'd better update it today.

Been busy with homework the last couple of days. Lots of assignments to do.
English essay for Tuesday
History of Technology report for Friday
Marine Studies presentation and report for sometime this week
2*Chemistry report for Friday
So plenty of stuff to do, even if I'm not particularly interested in actually doing it... I guess they're giving us all these assignments because the September break is coming up soon (2½ week, 18th of September), just like back home. Always before the holidays...
The entire class will be going to Whitsunday Islands in the September break. It's something the school has arranged, and they're paying $500, we'll be paying the remaining $390. It seems we've gotten a much better deal than the class that went last year. Included in the $390 we have to pay is:
Jet-Skiing
Para-Gliding
Some other stuff I don't remember
Lots of food!
Really looking forward to it. After the Whitsunday trip is over, we still have 10 days left of the holiday. I think most of us are planning to go to the Gold Coast. Would be fun if we all went. We can get some group discount, so the trip down there, which will most likely be by bus, probably won't be all that expensive. Also, we're going to Dreamworld straight after the holiday, the first Monday after. It so happens that Dreamworld is situated in the Gold Coast, so we've been thinking that we could stay till Monday, go to Dreamworld with the school, and then go back home. I don't know if that last part will come true, I actually don't think it is, but oh well.

Had been invited to an Aussie party this Saturday, but I didn't really feel like going, the homework I had been doing (the English essay, damn that thing, probably one of the most annoying essays ever. Took me 2 hours to write the first 200 words) had exhausted me, so I decided to stay home. I think Mathis was glad, he didn't really want to go either. But next time, I'll go.

So, today we went whale watching. Had to get up at 5.30 to get ready, and be at Boat Harbour by 7. I think some of the others had to get up earlier though, as most of them had to be at the school at 6.45, and then a bus would take them to Boat Harbour. So for once, we didn't have to get up earlier than anybody else for some school arrangement.

Oh, and haircuts are pretty cheap down here. I got a haircut for $20 last Friday, and apparently I could have gotten it for $16 if I had just flash my student ID. Oh well, $4 isn't that much, but I'll have to remember it next time. I had originally planned on getting the haircut at the school, but you had to make an appointment for that, and I couldn't really find time in my schedule.

Anyway, till next time... see ya! /wave
Oh, will add pictures from the Whale Watching trip some time later this week

1 kommentarer:

Nikolai Øllegaard September 3, 2009 at 5:07 AM  

You're not old enough to party!

.. and tell me about homework. We have a vacation + trip to Berlin coming up soonish, and that means homework :)

Post a Comment