July 30th, 2009

Another update!

No pictures this time, but will add some next week, once I get back from Fraser Island. Leaving Tuesday and back again Friday. Should have brought the big backpack we have back in Denmark, but of course I had to forget it... oh well, one of our teachers mentioned the possibility of being able to use a bag, that the school owned. Can't be bothered to bring my suitcase. Would be too much trouble.

Anyway, Monday was workout day. Went great, no problems. Tuesday, my right foot/ankle hurt as hell. Mathis and some of the others went to the beach, I had to go home, as my foot had to get some rest, too bad... was in bed the rest of the day with my leg on a pillow. Wasn't so bad though, was over by Wednesday. Spent most of the night helping Jesper checking out new mobiles. He's been having trouble with his own, haven't been able to text on it. To begin with, he just wanted a simple, cheap one. He moved towards smart-phones/multimedia-phones now though, and the one we found (he actually found it, as the first one he had in mind, we just researched what the alternatives were) was the Nokia XpressMusic 5800. Pretty decent, really. Pretty good for playing music, and decent for videos as well, even if it can't play a lot of different types. Went to the gym Wednesday as well, didn't go nearly as well as Monday. Gonna have to change a few things on my program... annoying. Didn't do much else Wednesday. Except I (and a ton of other guys in my class) started playing Pokémon again. I have 18 Pokémon games on my computer, and we thought It'd be fun to play some of the old games. I also got an e-mail from my mother, who had forwarded it from my doctor back in Denmark, Ivan Hvid. I had asked my mom to ask Ivan (I don't have his e-mail), when I was allowed to start running again. And guess what, now I can! 1 km a day for starters, and I have to stop if I feel any pain in my leg, take a break, and then continue once the pain has faded. So now I'm gonna have to buy some running shoes tomorrow. Planning on using the treadmill in gym. Would probably be the best thing to start with.

Thursday, Marine Studies, went snorkeling. Only problem, they didn't have any fins in my size. Well, they did have one fin, but that's not really a lot of help... Trevor (our teacher in the practical version of Marine Studies) said they'd buy some for next time. Marianna and Simon needed some as well, they found some others that fit fairly well though. I had to swim all day without fins. Wasn't so bad though. Didn't have to swim as far as the others, but I can definitely feel a change from the first time we went to the pool... thinking about buying my own mask and snorkel. The ones the Hervey Bay Aquatic Center have that we can use, aren't exactly great. The snorkel is actually kinda sharp, so it hurts your mouth, if you can't keep it still. Steven (our PADI instructor) apparently used to own a diving shop or something, so he might still be able to get mask and snorkel cheap. Had an appointment with a doctor today as well. Everybody who's taking PADI classes has to get approved by a doctor. I was actually a little nervous whether I'd pass or not, due to my leg an all, but there were no problems at all. It took a little longer than it usually would, the test that is. I made it anyway. Two of my classmates failed the test, because they had asthma, even though it had been ages since they last had a seizure. They'll most likely be getting their money back. Sure hope so... 

So tomorrow, shopping! And PADI lessons. Weekend: my first confined water dive! With all the scuba equipment on. Looking forward to that. Don't know if it will be Saturday or Sunday yet.

I'll probably update again Monday, the day before Fraser, and then again when we get back. Have to get up early Tuesday... have to be at TAFE at 6.15...

/wave

4 kommentarer:

Huw Bear July 30, 2009 at 11:19 PM  

Good luck on ya dive.
good to here that you can run again. running on a treadmil is better for running in general. when your foot hits the gound the treadmil is designed so that the impact is less by going down a bit, therefore a softer impact. where as running on the road or grass there is no give in the ground making more impact on your knee joint. And atleast with a treadmil you can see how far you've gone ^_^
/wave

Nikolai Øllegaard July 31, 2009 at 4:26 AM  

^ true. But it gets kinda boring too doesn't it? Unless you're there with someone else. Hmm.

Oh yeah, and good luck on that dive of yours.

Dani July 31, 2009 at 6:39 PM  

Dunno, not sure running will be that boring alone, I have my P3 after all:P
I won't really be alone though, as the treadmill is in the gym, and I only go to the gym with my friends^^

Huw Bear August 1, 2009 at 6:58 AM  

I like running alone, find the time goes quicker when you lose your self in your thoughts. like falling asleep and waking up an hour later feeling like youve been asleep for 5mins :)
and road running is more intresting, more to look at.

Post a Comment