July 11th, 2009

Another post it seems!

2nd day in Hervey Bay, 3rd day in Australia. There's a big clock in my room... the ticking is pretty loud - and it's 3 hours early... - so I had trouble falling asleep. I guess it's just something I have to get used to:P

Porrigde for breakfast, tasted pretty good actually, dunno whether Matthis liked it, but I did. Got up at around 8. Didn't sleep too well, mostly 'cause of the clock. I think I'll get used to it though. She asked if I wanted it down, but I said no:P

The bathroom is kinda strange. It's split. The toilet is in a room at the end of a hallway, and the sink, the tub and the shower is in a room in the in the middle of the hallway, kinda strange, and slightly annoying.

She's using tank water down here, so all the water we drink has to be filtered. wAt least we just have to pull a tab on the sink in the kitchen, and the water gets filtered. Still kinda strange though.

After breakfast Matthis and I decided to go outside and take a look around. The homestay families has to give us some bikes down here, unfortunatly they're not exactly in good shape. They're both pretty old. Mine doesn't have any gears, and it's got footbreaks or whatever they're called. Matthis got gears, but they're pretty rusty so they might not work anyway. Almost no air in the tires, so we're gonna have to go get a pump tomorrow. We tried today, but we didn't get very far before we gave up. Decided we'd rather walk. We don't really know the area too well yet, so walking was a little easier:P

Anyway, we went down to the beach, and followed the beach to the Turist Terminal, through that, and to the beach again. They have some pretty nice beaches here, at least the ones we were at. Lots of corals and shells 'n' stuff as well.

We went pretty far, actually, along the esplanade. Not all the way, of course, way too long for that, especially when we don't really know the area. We went to the Urangan pier. Was pretty long actually. They're rebuilding it at the moment. Apparently some of it was torn down, and now they're rebuilding it. Part of a larger renovation of some parts of the city, I've heard. Lots of people fishing out there as well.

We were home about 13.40 or something, and Dulcie wasn't home, so we sat down outside, and waited. About half an hour later she returned, and with a friend of hers. Gwen, I think. Old lady, older than Dulcie.

Then we had lunch (she called it dinner), and Dulcie took us for a tour around city. Went through Urangan, Tourquay, Point Vernon and Eli Waters. Maybe some more, but those were the signs I saw. So pretty much along the water all the way, and all the way along the Esplanade. She gave us some good hints about restaurants and shops and stuff. Told us to stay off the bike trail after dark as well. They don't want a repeat of what happened last year, even though that didn't happen on the bike trail.

Talked to Jesper today as well. Seems he's gotten into a pretty nice homestay. They've been all over town today, looking at stuff. Says he's taken 134 pictures or something today. He lives pretty close to a lot of our classmates (lucky bastard), we live... well pretty far from evertbody. Probably around a 10min drive, in car...

Actually looking forward to school. The students who went to Hervey Bay last year, said the first weekend would be tough, and it sure has been so far... we'll be getting our new mobile numbers and such this monday, so I can actually get in touch with my classmates, without both of us being on the computer.

This episode turned out to be pretty long as well... oh well:P Might upload some pictures soon, but the wireless has a maximum of 5 gigabyte usage so...

Tune in next time!

/wave

Note: About the pets. I can't tell the difference between the two cats... but they both jump into my lap and my bed. One of the dogs, Spot, seems pretty damn hyperactive. She's a pretty small dog, a couple of years old, and annoying as hell. Wants to be near a person all the time, licks your finger, hand and face all the time. Ignoring her doesn't help, you have to push it away.

The 2nd dog, Beans (I think, maybe Beanso), I forgot what the race is called, but it's a small white dog with a lot of hair. Nicer than Spot, still a little too much of an attention-seeker for my taste.

The last dog is Jessie (or Jessy or whatever). She's my favourite:P She's 12 years old, and very shy. Dulcie told us it'd probably take some to win her to our side, but it didn't take so long^^ she came up to me and put her front paw on my leg today:P Jessie's a... well I dunno what race she is, but I guess she looks a litte like a VERY short german shephard. Forgot what that race is called.

1 kommentarer:

Huw Bear July 13, 2009 at 6:46 PM  

Get used to the toilet and the bathroom being seperate, its like that in my house. good thing is someone can take a dump and not have to hold wihile one person is having a shower.

and GWEN FTW :P

PS: im guessing tourquay is spelt like that *points* its how the one is spelt in england. :)

Post a Comment