July 10th, 2009

So... yea... my blog. Well, these next couple of months, I'll be in Australia and this is the main reason I'm making this blog. So, a little about the trip downunder.

Got up at... 5.45 this wednesday, and got ready to leave for Tirstrup Airport at 6.45. Of course I had to forget something, so we had to go back and fetch "Kongens Fald", a book I have to read for Danish classes. We made it to the airport in time anyway. Said my goodbyes, and checked in. Had to wait an hour or so till we could board the plane, at about 10.

That flight lasted about 35min. When we reached Copenhagen, we had to wait 4 hours in the airport... of course everything had to be expensive, and we didn't really have anything to do.

At 14.45 or so, we boarded the plane to Bangkok. A Boeing 747 or something. That was the longest flight of my life... I was seated next to Jesper (a friend of mine). There were three seats in the row, but nobody sat in the middle, so we just used that seat as a storage. We sat right next to the "kitchen", and the smell was kinda bad... fortunatly we had a screen pretty close to us (weren't a lot of those in the plane), so we watched whetever they showed. The only good movie they showed was Monsters vs. Aliens.

The flight was about 9 hours and 45 mins. Tried to sleep on the way, but it was kinda hard. Not sure when we reached Bangkok, but we boarded the plane to Sydney at about 7.25 local time (about 2.30 GMT+1)

The flight to Sydney was much better. Not sure if it was another Boeing 747, or another plane, but we each had our own screen this time! Was actually a touch-screen, but the touch thing... didn't really work, so we used the remote instead. They had some pretty good movies we could watch, and there were games (single- and multiplayer), so most of us spent the time with those (I won in multiplayer Tetris! And I got the highscore in singleplayer:P).

Didn't plan on sleeping on that flight - to avoid jetlag, I'd rather sleep when we reached the hotel in Sydney - but I did anyway. We reached Sydney at... around 22, I think, got through security without trouble. Was raining in Sydney when we arrived, but it stopped pretty quickly. When we got to the hotel, it was straight to bed, everybody was pretty tired.

Got our wake-up call, at 6.50, ate breakfast, and then off to the airport, for our flight 9.55 to Hervey Bay. Took a couple of hours.

When we reached Hervey bay, David aka Doc gave us a small tour around some of the places in Hervey Bay, and drove us to the college we'll be attending. We got some lunch (sandwiches), and then we were taken for a tour around the college, and we got some information, and at around 15(local time), our homestay families came to pick us up.

The next 5 months I'll be living with Dulcie. Matthis (classmate) will be living at the same place as me. Not sure how old she is, I haven't asked. She's got 3 dogs and two cats, and one of the cats are lieing in my bed as I'm typing this:P

Matthis and I have each got our seperate rooms, Matthis gave me the biggest one, so I have a TV and a double sized bed or whatever it's called in English. The house is decent, I guess, but a little messy. Dulcie's got the biggest Samsung plasma TV I've seen by the way o.O

So, the first impressions were good, I guess. The weather's nice, it was very windy today though - Doc says it usually never gets this windy, even in winter - and around 20C.

I guess that was it for today, I'll probably be updating the blog once or twice a week, the first week I might update it more often, and some weeks I might not update it an all, have some holidays where we'll be going elsewhere, and I can't stay at the computer all the time^^

You shouldn't expect every update to be this long either, this will prolly be the only one of this length, 'cause it's the first.

I apologize on any spelling/grammar mistakes, but I can't be bothered to fix them right now.

See ya /wave

Note: The blog shout be readable and comment-able by everyone, but I would prefer if people signed in or created an account, so I can actually see who made what comment. I'll most likely be messing with the layout of the blog the next couple of days as well, so it doesn't look so generic. I might make a Danish version of the blog as well, for my family in Denmark^^

Aaaand... sorry 'bout the length of the first post<.<

7 kommentarer:

Nikolai Øllegaard July 10, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

Good thing you made it over there in good shape.

Looking forward to hear more from you :)

Nobody July 10, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

we want moar! >=]

Huw Bear July 11, 2009 at 3:30 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous July 11, 2009 at 3:31 AM  

whys it come up with lost??

Huw Bear July 11, 2009 at 3:39 AM  

weird.....should come up as me this time :/
Atleast you arrived all in one piece, in clueing luggage :)
and atleast i did type this, just think how many typos that would have been xD

ps: £5 says this goes off topic :P

Anonymous July 11, 2009 at 4:23 AM  

/quote...we want moar! >=]

i agree on that... :P

/wave
Lost

Dani July 13, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

Just checking...

Post a Comment