Gold Coast Part 3 and Cairns!

Sorry 'bout the delay everybody (if you're still reading it^^). So time for all the pictures I have from Gold Coast!

I was too lazy to compress them all, so they're all full size.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Now, that's not ALL the pictures I have from Gold Coast, but only the ones I decided to upload, it does take a while to upload pictures after all...
The very last picture, was also taken in Gold Coast. Unfortunately, my budget was almost in red, so I couldn't really afford to rent the outfits, which is why I'm not in the picture. I regret that now... oh well

So, the 4th of December, my birthday! About time I turned 18. Great day. Went for a cruise to Michaelmas Cay, which is a small... well, not really an island, just a bunch of sand, grass and birds in the middle of the ocean.'

Went with a ship called Ocean Spirit I (or maybe II, I forgot). Michaelmas Cay is a part of Great Barrier Reef, so naturally we'd be going snorkeling and scuba diving! I had forgotten both my PADI license AND my logbook, but I had a talk with one of the guides/Dive Masters, and he agreed on letting me dive without my license, for the certified diver price (a certified dive, with equipment and guide costs 65$ for the first dive, $100 for the second, $110 for an introduction dive).

Apparently I was the only certified diver who was going scuba diving (the other guy got too seasick :P), so I had the guide all to myself, yay! Her name was Lani. Not sure where she was from, except somewhere in Asia. She didn't look particular Japanese or Chinese. Saw lots of stuff, and it's gotta be my best dive so far, probably also because it wasn't a big group this time.

Spent 45 minutes on around 7-10m. Took about 210 pictures. Not all of them are good, but some are great, if I may say so myself^^

Anyway, it was a great day. We're leaving Cairns for Sydney tomorrow (really looking forward to it). Been doing lots of other stuff in Cairns. Awesome stuff like the Michaelmas Cay and Tully River Rafting (for 5 hours yesterday), and less interesting stuff like Kuranda Skyrail (started out with a sloooow train ride, then a couple of hours in a village, then almost 2 hours on a skilift thingie over the rainforest).

Sydney's gonna be great though^^
And today... 1 week till I'm back in Denmark! Can't wait.
Till next time, see ya /wave!

1 kommentarer:

Paul December 9, 2009 at 6:03 AM  

Hej!
Nice one :)
Og tillykke med de 18 år allerede! ))
Fyr den af derover!

Post a Comment