Whitsundays Part 3!

(This update was planned for last Friday, however, due to internet problems, I lost half of what I wrote, didn't feel like starting over again so soon, and decided to do homework instead)
Yay, time for part 3! Two more updates for Whitsundays after this (or maybe only one, it depends). And then Goldcoast! Wonder if I even have time to do these posts... I guess I have to update more often, only have 30 days till I leave Hervey Bay, and I wanna be done before that.

The third day in Airlie Beach. Luckily we didn't have to get up that early that day. Think we got up around 8 for breakfast (they had awesome breakfast at the hotel), and then left. Today was jetski/speedboat/para-sailing! Was looking forward to all of that, but para-sailing the most. Unfortunately... I barely have any pictures from that day... oh well. Been asking the others, but only a few brought their cameras that day.

We actually had to walk pretty far to get to the pier, where we'd be doing the above mentioned stuff, but it didn't matter. The weather was nice, and not too warm. Some thought so, though, they forgot to bring shoes that day, and quickly regretted that. I believe everybody has tried walking on asphalt or the like, on a warm day? It hurts like hell, if it's in the sun.
Time went pretty fast, though, and soon we reached a hotel, went inside, through the hotel, out the other side, and onto the pier right outside. At the end of the pier was... a shed, I think. Apparently that place had won some kind of award for extreme sport, for 3 years in a row. Personally I don't find any of the above stuff extreme...

Anyway, were were split into four groups. One group of 7, and three groups of 8. I was in the group of 7. We were to be the first group on the jetski. The instructor gave us a short briefing, telling us what to do and what not to do, in case we fell off or the jetski tipped and stuff like that. Nothing important.
The jetski were for two persons, so unfortunately we couldn't get one each. One guy from our group got one all to himself though... I was with Anders Papsø (Papsoe for the non-Danish:P). Nice guy. Knows quite a bit about cars and computers. He started out in front, I sat behind him and held on to some handles in the seat. It didn't take me long to realize, that holding those handles was a bad idea...

I don't know if any of you have ever been on a jetski before, but they're pretty darn fast and the ocean isn't exactly flat. So... as soon as we got out of the harbour, where we could speed up, I almost fell off. I tried to hold on as much as possible, and tried to get in touch with Anders. Unfortunately it's pretty hard to hear anything the guy in the back says, when you're in front and doing full speed. Finally I made him stop, so I could grab a hold on him instead. I was still thrown around in the backseat, but at least I had a better hold, and if I fell off, so would he, and then the jetski would stop.
Luckily, I didn't fall off (!), nobody actually did, which was quite disappointing...

Just before we went out on the jetski, another group had gone out in the speedboat (it's just what it sounds like, a boat that goes fast (really fast)), but when we came back, they weren't back yet.
And they didn't come back for a loooooooong time. It seems that the boat had broken down, so they were stuck out there and had to get help. The help: the jetski instructor! On a jetski. He pulled the boat back on that little thing... I'm surprised he could actually do it, even if they are pretty powerful. It took a long time though, and after that they had to fix it (obviously), before another team could get a ride.

We waited, and waited, and waited. Eventually people got pretty tired of waiting. It was a damn hot day, so some guy decided they'd jump off the pier (we pretended we didn't see the huge "NO JUMPING OFF THE PIER" sign...). I didn't jump, even though I wish I had. At last the boat was fixed, and we could get a ride.

It wasn't for nothing they called it a "speedboat". That thing was bloody fast. Nothing more to say about that, really...

So, as mentioned we should have been parasailing that day as well. But, the boat they used for that was broken. It had broken down yesterday, and they hadn't been able to fix it. So instead of all three things, we only did the two. He told us we'd get some of our money back, I haven't seen any of that money yet though...

Most of us left after that. There was still a group on the speedboat, but we might as well go. We went to the centre of Airlie Beach. Got some food, checked out souvenir shops, clothes, lots of shops. Jesper finally bought some sunglasses (been pinching other people's sunglasses, and complaining he couldn't find any that fit him), and Lars and I bought a has(!), not the same hat of course, but in the same shop. RipCurl. Then, we took a taxi back to the hotel (got a taxi-bon from Vicky, so it was free), and just chilled for the rest of the day.

SpeedboatJetski 1Jetski 2
(I told you there wasn't a lot of pictures...)

Next update should be sometime this week, as I kinda failed last time...
Until next time, see ya /wave!
P.S. 24 days till I leave Hervey Bay, 40 days till I'm back in Denmark and... 30 days till my 18th birthday!!!

0 kommentarer:

Post a Comment